Post-Judgment Matters

Post-Judgment Modifications

At the time of your divorce, it is often difficult to predict your future circumstances. Significant changes may occur after your divorce is finalized which may require a modification of the terms of your New York Judgment of Divorce. For example, you or your spouse may have lost a job or you may need to relocate. If the terms of your Judgment of Divorce are no longer workable, you may be able to obtain a modification of your Judgment of Divorce. Obtaining a modification of your Judgment of Divorce, in New York, can be difficult at times, but the attorneys at Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC are well versed in the specific standards for a modification and are committed to achieving a result that conforms to your current life circumstances.

Post-Judgment Enforcement

If your former spouse is not complying with his or her obligations under the Judgment of Divorce, you have the right to seek enforcement of your Judgment of Divorce. The attorneys at Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC are equipped with the skill and experience to handle post-judgment enforcement applications and are committed to helping you exercise your rights under your Judgment of Divorce and will zealously advocate on your behalf to achieve the result you were ultimately entitled to. The attorneys at Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC will also advocate for your attorneys’ fees to be reimbursed by your former spouse who violated the Judgement of Divorce if appropriate under the circumstances of your case.

If you have questions about a how to modify or enforce your Judgment of Divorce or would like to set up a consultation appointment, please contact or (518) 436-4170.

You can send us a message using the form below